Indoor contests held on the campus of the Washingtonville CSD
For the safety of all, please be aware that if a student leaves the building during an athletic contest, the student will not be allowed back in to the event.
Football games and Outdoor Competitions
We ask that all Middle School students be accompanied by an adult to High School sporting events. This includes but is not limited to JV Football and Varsity Football games, including Friday night football games. Please ensure that your child is supervised at these games. We encourage families to attend and support our Wizards as they compete but as always, our priority is the safety of everyone attending these events.
Section IX Code of Conduct
Spectator Code of Conduct Section IX Athletics recognizes the importance of behavior and personal character in our student athletes. As such, we ask our spectators to:
1. Demonstrate a high degree of sportsmanship.
2. Show team support by making only positive comments.
3. Show respect for the judgment of coaches, officials, and referees.
4. Acknowledge fields, courts and equipment as the player’s domain during contests.
5. Monitor the safety of children in the bleachers and stands.
6. Respect the law. All public schools and Section IX venues are smoke-free, substance free environment.
7. Athletic contests home, away or at a neutral site are an extension of the classroom. Therefore, all school rules are in effect.
8. Spectators will respect and obey all school officials, supervisors and site personnel at contests.
9. There will be no ringing of bells, sounding of horns, or other noise makers at indoor contests. *This does not apply to spirit groups including school approved pep bands or cheerleaders.
10. The throwing of debris, confetti, or other objects from the stands is prohibited. Offending individuals will be asked to leave the premises.
11. Exceptions to this behavior will lead to ejection from the event.
***Please note that individual schools may have more stringent policies.***